- Job Position: Music Instructor (Various instruments)
- Contract Type: Fixed Term (Full-Time)
- Office Location: Accra
- Work Area: Hybrid (Accra & Remote)
- Gross Wage: Negotiable (School tuition & Private 1-on-1 session)
- Reports to: The General Manager
Joining Allegro Classics Conservatory's fast-growing Music Team as our Music Instructor is an excellent opportunity to have a real impact on the organization's ongoing rapid growth across Ghana and beyond. We're looking for passionate, collaborative, and innovative people who have proven professional experience teaching music, with a high level of motivation to push forward significant improvements connected with an open willingness to learn.
Your strong creative and communication skills will aid our organization in efficiently steering the overall mission of the Conservatory; inspiring and reviving the interest in quality music education.
You will work closely with a wide range of music tools and resources to efficiently deploy theoretical and practical music lessons.
Your job scope
You will be responsible for teaching people instrumental techniques, scales, sight-reading, and music theory. You will help your students to prepare for music examinations, auditions, and live or recorded performances. You will be responsible for keeping parents up to date on their children's progress, either directly or through the school. You will be working mostly on weekday, and occasionally during weekend to fit around your students' work and school schedules.
- Teaching music theory to children and adults.
- Teaching the art of playing the musical instrument with a link to theory lessons.
- Teaching and preparing students for practical exams, concerts and other music experiences.
- Liaising with other instructors and management on music-related projects.
- Moving from house to house and from school to school on a daily or weekly basis as per schedule.
- Planning and implementing a programme of instruction and lesson plans.
- Building relationships and mentoring students.
- Submitting reports by uploading the file to our cloud portal.
What you need to succeed?
- You can read sheet music and understand music theory.
- A Bachelor's degree in music or an ABRSM certificate is a plus, but not required.
- You are passionate and have broad experience teaching music to children and adults in a very simplistic manner.
- You are a performer and not just a teacher.
- You create an enjoyable learning environment to inspire young minds and help them grow in appreciating good music.
- You have strong communication skills, with an open-minded approach to working with different stakeholders across an organization.
- You are skilled in planning concerts for student participation.
- You have strong creative skills with an affinity for IT systems.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English skills.
Our offer to you
- We are commited to continuous training and development.
- We're working in a hybrid mode where we encourage you to work from home, while still giving you the possibility to meet colleagues to collaborate onsite.
- Regular team events and other initiatives helping our employees to stay productive, healthy, and engaged during the hybrid mode.
- An autonomous work environment that embraces ownership, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Regardless of your designation, we want to hear your ideas.
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can't always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two.
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within a creative, innovative, and performance-driven organization, further shaping how people find and enjoy learning music (including their favorites).
- Opportunity to participate and/or attend special events hosted by the external stakeholders.
Allegro Classics Conservatory is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who applies for a position or already works with us, regardless of their gender, disability, physical appearance, race, age, or religion.Apply now